Bond Buyer Cites OST’s Capital Budget Explainer
Cited by Bond Buyer is our website’s “Insight” section explainer on what it means – and doesn’t mean – that Washington state lawmakers adjourned in July after passing an operating budget but no new capital budget. “Washington State’s Capital Budget Conundrum,” Bond Buyer, 8/3/17
Careful On Debt, Treasurer Warns
“Raise Your Drink To State’s Financial State, But Watch Out For The Hangover,” Tacoma News Tribune, 7/8/17
Treasurer, Other Committee Members Fine-Tune GET
“GET College Plan Now Back In Line With Yearly Tuition Costs,” Seattle Times 7/7/17
Sounding A Fiscal Warning, On Budget Impasse
“Budget Stalemate Puts State’s Financial Reputation At Risk,” Seattle Times, guest op-ed by State Treasurer Duane Davidson, 6/21/17.
“Budget Stalemate Puts State’s Financial Reputation At Risk,” republished op-ed, Washington State Wire, 6/21/17.
Promoting Financial Education, In Yakima Visit
“Best Lesson on Financial Literacy Found Here in Yakima,” Yakima Herald-Republic (editorial), 5/24/17
“State Treasurer Looks at Junior Achievement to Promote Financial Literacy,” Yakima Herald-Republic, 5/18/17
Politics Needs New Blood – And Youth Is No Barrier
Adapted from his keynote speech in the State House of Representatives to the 70th YMCA Youth Legislature, Treasurer Davidson wrote a guest commentary that was published in numerous newspapers.
- Treasurer Duane Davidson Keynote to YMCA 70th Youth Legislature, TVW, 5/3/17
- Politics Needs New Blood – And Youth Is No Barrier, Washington State Wire, 5/9/17
- Politics Needs New Blood And Youth Is No Barrier, Kitsap Sun, 5/9/17
- Politics Needs New Blood And Youth Is No Barrier, Bainbridge Island Review, 5/9/17
- Politics Needs New Blood And Youth Is No Barrier, UW Daily, 5/12/17
- How The Younger Generations Can Make A Difference In Politics, Sunday Yakima Herald, 5/14/17
- Politics Needs New Blood, And Youth Is No Barrier, Covington/Maple Valley-Black Diamond Reporter, 5/23/17
- Politics Needs New Blood, And Youth Is The Best Answer, Renton Reporter, 5/23/17
Student Financial Education Is Key, Washington State Treasurer Duane Davidson Testifies
Steps to help ensure college students have a clearer understanding of student loan debt, and other ABCs of personal finance are increasingly warranted, State Treasurer Duane Davidson said to Washington State House lawmakers in committee testimony.
Two Higher Education Bills Passed By Senate Sit In House Committee, Daily Evergreen, 3/24/17
Washington State Treasurer Duane Davidson Hails National Award For Financial Reporting
A national organization has awarded the Treasurer’s Office with special recognition for going above and beyond, in the preparation of its annual Comprehensive Annual Financial Report on the state’s Local Government Investment Pool. Guest article, Washington State Wire, 3/17/17
TVW Interview with New Washington State Treasurer Duane A. Davidson
On TVW’s “Inside Olympia,” host Austin Jenkins sat down in early 2017 with newly elected State Treasurer Duane Davidson and Superintendent of Public Instruction Chris Reykdal, 1/26/17. Click here for video.