- Staci Ashe
Deposit Investment Program
Surplus Funds Certificate of Deposit Program
(Formerly known as Time Certificate of Deposit Program)
The Surplus Funds Certificate of Deposit Program was established in 1973 to provide an opportunity for public depositaries in the State of Washington to receive a portion of surplus funds to benefit the local economy.
The Office of the State Treasurer (OST) accomplishes this through investments in Certificates of Deposit.
- Funds are offered semi-annually (January and July) to every qualified Public Depositary in the State of Washington.
- Allocation of funds based on financial institutions’ net worth provided by the PDPC.
- All certificates are issued for approximately 181 days on a 365-day basis with simple interest paid at maturity.
- The rate will be set by OST using a spread, currently 15 basis points, over the auction yield of the 26-week Treasury Bill as determined at the first auction of the month in which the CD is issued.
- All Information about proposed CDs is available on the OST web site two to three business days prior to rollover date. Public Depositaries must respond by phone or email with any changes by 11:00 am two working days prior to the rollover date or the certificate will automatically renew at maturity.
- All money transactions are done via Automated Clearing House (ACH); executed by OST.
- All Certificates of Deposit will be in safekeeping at the participating bank.
New participants will need to contact OST with pertinent information, e.g., money transfer instructions.
If you are an existing participant and have not notified OST of any changes, your certificate will renew automatically at the rate posted. Interest on the maturing CD will be taken through ACH.
Note: if the offering amount of the Time Deposits has increased, and you wish to accept the higher amount or you have other changes, you will need to contact our office.
- Current Terms: Terms for the Surplus Funds CD Program (fka the Time Certificate of Deposit Program)
- ACH Debit/Credit Authorization Agreement: ACH Authorization Agreement